Careers at the Cossie!
Welcome to our online careers page
- Would you like to work for one of New Zealand’s leading hospitality venues?
- Are you passionate about customer service?
- Are you willing to work a variety of hours and shifts, including weekends?
Our primary focus is to provide outstanding customer service by a highly skilled and motivated team. Whether it is one of our courtesy coach drivers, reception and security team or bar and restaurant / café employees, we expect a high level of people skills.
To ensure we deliver this all the time we place huge emphasis on training and development and believe recruiting the right people on character rather than experience is the key to success.
Our efforts have been acknowledged over the last two years with the following awards:
- 2011 Hospitality Standards Institute Regional Employer of the Year award – this covers all the lower North Island from Taranaki across to Hawkes Bay down to Wellington.
- 2012 Hospitality Standards Institute National Excellence in Training Award
- 2012 Hospitality Standards Institute Food and Beverage Modern Apprentice of the Year. The four finalists were selected from thousands of hospitality venues from throughout New Zealand, including five star hotels and this is the first time a Club staff member has won this prestigeous award.
- 2013 Wellington Gold Awards finalist – Team Gold, Investment in people.
General Manager Vacancy
The Upper Hutt Cosmopolitan Club has been in existence since 1961. The Club’s vision is to be the leading chartered club in New Zealand through the provision of exceptional service, innovation and care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced leader current working in the club or hospitality environment to become the General Manager of the Upper Hutt Cossie Club.
As the General Manager you will provide the leadership and direction of the Club in order to achieve the mission, goals and objectives set by the Club’s Executive Committee. You will lead the Club in the implementation of the strategic direction as well as manage the implementation of the annual business plan and the Club’s operating policies. You will also be required to maintain and build stakeholder relationships. The General Manager ensures maximum member and guest satisfaction, as well as ensuring the quality of the Club’s services and products is of a high standard.
The successful applicant will have previously demonstrated the ability to think strategically, while still meeting operational objectives. They will also be able to prove their ability to make complex decisions in a dynamic environment that support the Club’s vision, mission, core values, and objectives.
The applicant is expected to hold a current club manager’s certificate under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. As General Manager you must also be able to qualify as a “key person” under the terms of regulations attached to the Gambling Act 2003, and any subsequent amendments.
The Job description can be downloaded here
To apply for this important role please submit a covering letter, detailing your personal attributes, and a current CV detailing your work relevant experience via email to Chris Carson, Upper Hutt Cosmopolitan Club.
Applications close on Friday 23 April 2021.